Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Role of the Woman in today's society

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

The Role of the Woman in today's society Empty
PostSubject: The Role of the Woman in today's society   The Role of the Woman in today's society EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 1:26 am

Leave it to a girl to post this.

What are your thoughts on woman in today's society and the bible.

I'm looking for thoughts on women working, having a family, pastoring a church, fighting in the war, high ranking positions in companies, making more money than their spouse, speaking up in church......

I look forward to seeing some views on this subject. And don't worry abou what you write, it will not offend me. I've been dealing with this topic for some time now and look forward to some friendly debate.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Woman in today's society   The Role of the Woman in today's society EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 1:41 am

its interesting u bring this subject up Lisa. Recently on my bus rides to school, i saw this advertisement for a laundry detergent. It has a women on her knee's folding laundry, and in big bold letters it quotes "Women don't only belong in the Kitchen"

when i saw this, i was kinda surprised, cause i don't know about anyone else, but i think that really down grades women.

I'll wait to see what others have to say about your topic of discussion before i give my little input Smile I just thought i'd share that little story Razz
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Woman in today's society   The Role of the Woman in today's society EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 8:02 pm

In corinthians it says that the woman is to remain silent, and alot of people will tell you that it is supposed to be that way today.....However if you look at the context Paul was using this in you will see that the women he was refering to were causing men to stumble and were a distraction to the church. When Jesus was raised into heaven He told his disciples to go out and make disciples of the world. The world...not Just men...The World....now ask your self what a disciple is....The definition I see when I look up the word is this....

1. One who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another.
2. An active adherent, as of a movement or philosophy.

So to make a long story short....I believe that the Lord frowns upon us when we limit His Creation to what it can and cannot do....Keep on Preachin Sister!!!
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Woman in today's society   The Role of the Woman in today's society EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 10:28 pm

I haven't yet posted in this forum because when I have posted on other sites in regards to woman, I usually take some sort of beating for my views.

I work for a living. I love my job. I make more than my spouse does but it all goes into the same bank account to take care of us both. I want to have a family and when I do, after my maternity leave is finished I will have to return back to work. I would love nothing more than to be a stay at home mom, but it is not possible for us. I have been told that I am chosing money and career over family by doing that and that is not God's way.

If I have something to say in a bible study or church, I want to be able to speak out and praise and worship, but I've been told as a woman I should not be heard in church. Does God not want to hear my praise?

Thank you for posting what you did Redeemed. I have done a ton of research on this and can post a some stuff that I found, but your post summed it up nicely.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Woman in today's society   The Role of the Woman in today's society Empty

Back to top Go down

The Role of the Woman in today's society
Page 1 of 1