Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how does Music impact you?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

how does Music impact you? Empty
PostSubject: how does Music impact you?   how does Music impact you? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Well music for me is like a way of getting away from the real world. I love music, i've grown up in a family where music was something that was always on. My father, who grew up during the period when a lot of those classic rock artists began becoming huge, had impacted my music greatly.

In grade school, i listened to a lot of techno, and rap...nothing to be proud of right there, but i didn't understand what was good music and what wasn't. I had to always follow and be with the crowd. In grade 9 on the day of the Sars Relief concert in toronto, i heard and watched the band "Rush" play a few songs, Closer to the Heart, and The Trees, and right away i loved their style...and lyrics too. The Trees, simply an amazing song...along with many of their other works. Ever since that day, my range of music goes from the early 60's such as Cat Stevens and Jethro Tull, to todays rock era. I do listen to a lot of christian rock as well, thousand foot krutch and casting crowns are two of my favorite bands from that area of music as well.

Music is something that i probably would have a hard time living with out, now i know this may sound a little awkward, but its not a dependancy, but it helps me get through a day, and even sometimes calm myself. As some of you know, i am a very active guy, i play hockey in a rep league almost every single day, plus i work 2 jobs, and also attend school and ofcourse make time for my friends, like here on CW. So my life is busy busy, never a dull moment. And there are days when i get so stressed out, or simply worked out...that to just lye down and put on some good music, makes me feel so much better off Smile. I believe god uses music to speak to me, and his messages are sometimes very simplistic and others very deep. This website, Christian Warriors, was something i created because i truely believe i heard god speak to me, through the music i listened too, to create a community, a gathering of people from around the globe to spread and share gods word. I truely believe our community here has and is becoming a great success, and it will only continue to grow from here Smile.

So thats my Little blurb on how music impacts my life everyday, and how it has helped me in the past Smile.

GodBless, Vash
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: how does Music impact you?   how does Music impact you? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 am

I love listening to music and I have different stuff that goes along with my moods.

Take tonight for instance, I am feeling a wee bit on the low side, so I have been listening to quite mello music, just thinking about stuff, contemplating and meditating.

But when I drive, say up to my trailer which is a three hour drive, I pick fast and lively stuff as most times I am by myself and it's either way late at night or really early in the morning so I need fast and upbeat stuff to keep me focused and alert. Plus I like to sing loud in my car so I need something with a great beat that I can sing along to.

When I'm angry or hurting, I don't pick the greatest music to listen to and that is when I should be making better choices. If I listen to "darker" stuff which I normally do when I am this type of mood, I find my mood gets worse before it gets better.

Music has a huge power to change emotion and attitude.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: how does Music impact you?   how does Music impact you? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 1:37 am

i am not gonna go here because what i might say may change your outlook on music and its effects for the rest of your life an di believe you should have a choice.....just be darn tootin careful....i have learned the hard way
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: how does Music impact you?   how does Music impact you? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 1:59 am

Yes Mike, i totally see where you are coming from. I am very cautious of my selection of music and bands i listen too. Music can have a VERY large impact on someone, and making sure the right stuff is going into the ears is very important Smile
Back to top Go down
KriGeRKranNe
Private
Private
KriGeRKranNe

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: how does Music impact you?   how does Music impact you? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 12:01 pm

I used to HATE music.... All kinds of music! Nothing really interrested me! However, instruments on the other hand did interrest me quite a bit.... Even attended Piano lessons for 1,5 years, but as you might imagine, it's kinda hard to play good Piano, when you hate the music... So I ultimately quit, and began Swimming and Shooting instead!

It's only in the last 3-4 years that I've really become interrested in music! Primarily because.....well......it gives an inner peace! Also, I usually listen to Country music, while I work out, simply because it strengthens me, in the sense that it makes me wanna jump up and down and praise the lord for setting me here on this beautiful planet! (if that makes any sense at all Wink ) Of course I also enjoy silence, once in a while! Just listening to a swift breeze, the trees swaying in the wind and the birds sing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how does Music impact you?   how does Music impact you? Empty

Back to top Go down

how does Music impact you?
Page 1 of 1