Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Views on Adultery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Views on Adultery Empty
PostSubject: Views on Adultery   Views on Adultery EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 3:20 am

I realized tonight when doing some research on line on this subject, not for any other reason than just curiosity - I realized that this entire time I have been spelling adultery wrong. I have been spelling it Adultry - like Adult + try..... Like it is permissable.

I found this on the University of Toronto Law Page regarding Adultery - sorry it's so long but I wanted to give you all some additional information and biblical reference.

Quote :

The divorce revolution, with the move towards no-fault divorce, was supposed to banish adultery from legal relevance. Couples got married, after a dozen or so years, had affairs, got divorced and remarried. Adultery not only stopped being an irredeemable sin, but it was no longer to be used as a ground for divorce, or as a consideration in awarding spousal support or deciding child custody. Like in a Woody Allen film, it increasingly came to be seen as a regrettable but necessary step on the road to serial monogamy. Adultery lost its sense of moral outrage.
But, with the push back from the divorce revolution and the culture of easy divorce that it has allegedly fostered, adultery is creeping back into the public mind.

Increasingly, adultery is being blamed for the high divorce rate. According to a number of self described ‘infidelity experts’, adultery is on the rise (although statistics in this area are notoriously unreliable). There are new kinds of it (internet infidelity, workplace infidelity, even emotional infidelity – the kind that doesn’t even require sex) and more folks who practice it (according to the experts, married women are now committing it in droves).
It started as a popular culture phenomenon. From self help books to Dr. Phil shows, Hollywood movies like Closer and Little Children, to television serials like Desperate Housewives, popular culture is filled with morality tales about the costs of infidelity. The message is a simple one: don’t do it. The risk of infidelity is everywhere, and couples must work to protect their marriages. Because if they don’t, if they give in to the temptation of infidelity, they will unleash an almost unstoppable wave of relationship destruction. They will become a divorce statistic.

And here is a biblical reference on this topic:

"Thou shalt not commit adultery."
Exodus 20:14
Views on Adultery BlankViews on Adultery BlankViews on Adultery BlankADULTRY

The Lord Jesus had much to say about adultery. He went so far as to say that even the very thought of adultery is sin. The Bible teaches us that those who practice this and other types of immorality will surely come under the judgment of God. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, no idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (I Corinthians 6:9-10)
In the Old Testament, someone caught in the act of adultery was to be put to death. What a difference there is between how God looks at adultery and the way we exalt it on television and in the movies. Our promiscuous society will not escape the penalty for their sins. The Bible says, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)
For any one that has been overtaken in this sin, there is only one hope-it is the forgiveness that Christ offers to all who repent of their sinful condition and believe on Him for eternal life! Whether you are a man or a woman, it makes no difference. God is ready to forgive you if you will only ask Him to. The Bible says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9) Isn't it wonderful to know God loves us so? Will you pray this prayer, "O, God, forgive me of my sin. I believe that Jesus Christ died for me and rose again the third day. I receive Him now as my only hope of salvation."?

So, I challenge you all to share your views on adultery.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
=AiA=Echo93
Private First Class
Private First Class

Female
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Views on Adultery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on Adultery   Views on Adultery EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 am

Here's my short and sweet view on adultery..

Definition of "adultery" (from my Bible dictionary): "unlawful sexual relations between a married woman and someone not her husband or between a married man and someone not his wife"

And then the verse:

"Thou shalt not commit adultery" ( Exodus 20:14 )

Like you said previously, Lisa, Christ is willing to forgive our sins, if only we would ask. ( 1 John 1:9 ) If a man or woman commits adultery then gets saved he is forgiven. If a man or woman commits adultery after being saved, they are still saved, but must confess their sin to God and be forgiven.

That's my short and sweet opinion on this subject. (If you would like me to go into more detail please tell me Smile )
Back to top Go down

Views on Adultery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Christian Forums :: Christian Debates-
Jump to: