Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devotionals for friends

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Devotionals for friends Empty
PostSubject: Devotionals for friends   Devotionals for friends EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 4:46 am

FRIENDSHIP

Years ago there was a plaque with this slogan inscribed "A friend knows your faults but loves you anyway."

Jesus knows everything about us. He knows where we've failed. He knows every thought we've had. He knows our weaknesses and still He Loves us infinitely and eternally. Jesus will never leave us or forsake us. Jesus never changes. Jesus never fails. He never goes back on His promises. He cannot act out of character with Himself.

A friend knows exactly when we need something and when we don't. A friend never gives advice unless they are asked to give it. A friend wants to ease heartaches and hurt. A friend will laugh and cry with you.

Jesus laid His Life down for us. So we should be willing to lay our lives down for others; as we are members of Jesus' Body.

Proverbs 18:24 - Some friends may ruin you, but a real friend will be more loyal than a brother.

John 15:13-15 - The greatest Love a person can show is to die for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I heard from my Father.

Prayer: Dear Father help me to be a friend to everyone who needs a friend.

Amen

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Devotionals for friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotionals for friends   Devotionals for friends EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:40 am

Great devotion Lisa!!

Reading this definitely got me thinking and simply sitting back and looking at my past and current situation. Friends being the topic, are people who actually are probably one of the most seen people in your everyday lives. They are definitely people that are there for you when you most need them, and they are people that are willing to do anything for you even when it requires a sacrifice on their part.
Just remember, friends are people who you must hold close to your hearts, you maybe not see it right now, but when that time comes, when you are looking for someone to help you or simply cheer you up, it is your friends that give you that comfort Smile.

Great devotion Lisa, Amen!
Back to top Go down

Devotionals for friends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Christian Forums :: Daily Devotions-
Jump to: