Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Revaltions...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Revaltions... Empty
PostSubject: Revaltions...   Revaltions... EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 4:31 pm

i have been always interested in Revalations ever since i've watched the Left Behind series movies and books. Does anyone really understand it all? Left Behind series has left me with many questions, and thoughts that are hard to really understand. Does anyone have a strong understanding, and perhaps would like to share?
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Revaltions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revaltions...   Revaltions... EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 12:35 am

I have no idea what the "Left Behind" Series is, but I'm interested in finding out more about it. If you can give me some information on it or who the author is I will look at getting the materials and do some reading up on it.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male

Revaltions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revaltions...   Revaltions... EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 11:48 am

Revaltions... %7B8BB7F297-2D55-49A2-996A-8D8F330A59B2%7DImg100

Quote :
Left Behind is a series of novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, dealing with Christian dispensationalist End Times: pretribulation, premillennial, Christian eschatological viewpoint of the end of the world. The primary conflict of the series is the members of the Tribulation force against the Global Community and its leader Nicolae Carpathia—the Antichrist. Left Behind is also the title of the first book in the series. It is published by Tyndale House, a firm with a history of interest in dispensationalism.

Thats from Wikipedia of what the Left Behind Books and movies are all about. Hope that answers your question Lisa Smile

GodBless, rendeer
Back to top Go down
justin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
justin

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Revaltions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revaltions...   Revaltions... EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 2:17 pm

The Left Behind series are pretty good. I enjoyed them. I only read 2 or3 of the books before I got bored with them.

I have read and studied Rev. many times. I've learned a lot, but there are so many things that are still hard to understand. Where do we start?
Back to top Go down
Kinjion
Private (Recruit)
Private (Recruit)

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Revaltions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revaltions...   Revaltions... EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 11:56 pm

I think one of the most important things to keep in mind when studying the Book of Revelation is that it isn't a stand-alone work. The Bible has a wonderful unity to it (after all, it has only one Author, in a certain sense)- if you don't understand the meaning of a certain passage, you will be able to gain insights by looking elsewhere in Scripture. Don't worry if the meaning of a passage isn't obvious, through prayer and pious reflection you will discover a thousand meanings, and you will be able to sort through the possible meanings more and more effectively the more you study the rest of the Bible and grow in holiness.

I once wrote an essay relating a section of Revelation to a section of Zechariah (both Zechariah and Revelation talk of four horsemen). If you'd like, I can look it up and post it here, but it's kind of long...

I've never actually read the Left Behind series myself, but I've been meaning to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/kinjion
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male

Revaltions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revaltions...   Revaltions... EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 7:15 pm

i have heard from word of mouth, that those who have read the books and watched the movies, they had been left with so many questions, and pastors and others refused to go further. I think it also has to do with what you said Kinjion, about how when watching or reading not to just read that alone, because it seems like revalations doesn't really have a definit "ending" or reason so to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Revaltions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revaltions...   Revaltions... Empty

Back to top Go down

Revaltions...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Christian Forums :: Bible Study-
Jump to: