Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suicide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Suicide   Suicide EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 4:09 pm

What is your opinion on suicide?

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suicide   Suicide EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 4:15 pm

It kinda goes along with abortion....you do not have the choice to take away a life..let alone your own. Suicide is something someone does to not face their own battles.
Now i'll give you a simple, yet probably unrealistic example...but hopefully this gives u an idea of why Suicide is wrong.

In most cases...people who commit suicide are those who have been struggling in life with whatever reason...correct?
Well take Jesus for example, when he was captured by the people and sentenced to Crucification...what did he do? Did Jesus turn his head, and give up easily...i'm sure he could have...right? Suicide is the easy way out...something Satan wants you to do. But look at Jesus, the suffering he went through...for YOU and Me! He stuck with his problems and suffering right to the end, because he loved us that much.
So if you are struggling...well you need to ask yourself...What would Jesus do? Suicide is not something God wants you to do, he wants us to face our fears and struggles just like Jesus faced his Smile.

Hopefully that sheds some light on the issue, i'm currious to read some others opinions.
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suicide   Suicide EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 4:54 pm

Here goes mine.....

I have a very personal experience with suicide and in my job unfortuatnely deal with it on a very frequent basis.

Because I have been there, I understand what can go through someones mind when they consider suicide. Some see it as the only way out. Some see it as a means to an end. In my job I see the other side as well. I have heard the anguished cries of a loved on who has come home to find someone they love deceased because he or she had taken their own lives. Most of the time, the family had no idea that their loved one was considering it. They had no idea how bad things were for that person.

I now realize how wrong suicide is. There are other ways to cope with situations that are overwhelming. People do not have to suffer in silence and that is often a reason why someone takes their own life. They are no longer able to continue to suffer in silence.

There needs to be more education and more avenues for people who are feeling suicidal to turn to. The hardest thing for me to admit to is when I was at my lowest of lows, I wasn't thinking about my family, my friends or God, I was just thinking about how much better things would be for me if I took my life. Luckily for me, God didn't leave me, like I left him that day. He was there and by his graces showed me that my life was still worth living.

I was a coward. Suicide is cowardly and selfish. I'm not proud of my choices but by sharing my experience I hope that others will reach out when they need help.

God gave us life. We have no right to interfere.

Blessed be,

Lisa

If anyone wants to discuss this further with me, I am open to talking about it. Especially if it will help someone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suicide   Suicide Empty

Back to top Go down

Suicide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Public Discussions :: Debates-
Jump to: