Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed Empty
PostSubject: Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed   Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 4:31 pm

This hangs in our office at work. The author of it is unknown. I am an Ambulance Communications Officer - This is who I am...

I am the voice that calms the mother into breathing life back into her infant son. I am the invisible hand that holds and comforts the elderly man who woke up this morning to find his wife of fifty years has passed away during the night. I am the friend who talks the disgruntled teenager out of ending her own life. I sent help when you had your first automobile accident.

I am the one who tries to obtain the information from callers to ensure that the scene is safe for those I dispatch, all the while anticipating the worst and hoping for the best. I am the psychologist who readily adapts my language and tone of voice to serve the needs of my callers, with compassion and understanding.

I am the ears that listen to the needs of all those I serve. I have heard the screams of faceless people I never will meet nor forget. I have cried at the atrocities of makind and rejoiced at the miracles of life. I was there, though unseen by my comrades in the field during the most trying emergencies. I have tried to visualize the scene to coincide with the voices I heard. I usually am not privy to the outcome of a call and so I wonder....

I am the one who works weekends, night shifts and holidays. Children do not say they want my job when they grow up. Yet, I am at this occupation by choice. Those I help do not call back to say thank you. Still there is comfort in the challenge, integrity, and purpose of my employment.

I am thankful to provide such a meaningful service.
I am a mother, father, sister, brother, son or daughter.
I am where you need me and still here when you don't.
My office is never empty, and the work here is never done.

Who am I?

I am an Ambulance Dispatcher, and I am proud.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed   Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 7:06 pm

wow...that was a really good read...and very powerful message too Smile. Nice post Lisa Smile
Back to top Go down

Who am I....Ambulance Dispatchers Creed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Public Discussions :: General Discussions (Public)-
Jump to: