Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A suicidal friend...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

A suicidal friend... Empty
PostSubject: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 7:43 pm

On Friday, an hour before I had to leave for work, an 18 year old friend of mine came on line, distraught, upset, angry, confused and suicidal. He was calling himself a disappointment to everyone in his life, told me he hated his parents and that there was nothing for him to live for anymore. He even went as far as saying goodbye to me, telling me not to worry about him, that his spirit was going to a better place. He then stopped communicating with me. I had his cell number so I called him and talked to him and told him that I was worried about him and that I would pray for him and his situation. I also told him that if he didn't keep in contact with me that night, that I would contact the authorites in his area and get him more help than I was able to provide. He kept in touch with me that night and has been in constant contact with me since. He is still feeling "sad" and "broken" but realizes that his suicidal thoughts were wrong.

On Saturday morning, before my shift end, I was thinking about this whole situation and doodling on a pad of paper when I started to write and the words came easy and fast and this is what I came up with. I was thinking about my friend while I was writing this.

When you think you're alone
and you think no one cares
and your hearts crying out in despair

When you think that your prayers
go unheard, fall on deaf ears
and you wonder if anyone cares

Know the Lord stands beside you
not in front, nor behind
as He's holding your hand as you walk

You are never alone if you ask Him to lead you
He's beside you in all that you do.

When you think you are weak
and you can't carry on
and you feel that you just don't belong

When you think the whole world
has turned cold and against you
and your stuck feeling timid and meek

Know the Lord stands beside you
not in front, nor behind
as He's holding your hand as you walk

You are never alone if you ask Him to lead you
He's beside you in all that you do.
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Lisa you seem to amaze me every time. You are such a loving person, expecially after reading your post, it truely touches me. To have the courage to continue to help someone in need is very strong of you. You have touched me by sharing this incident. You are a blessed young Lady Lisa, and i know God has many good things planned for you. I will keep you and this friend in my prayers over the next few days.

Btw, great poem, you too will be a great writer one day Smile. Perhaps you could make Christian warriors a creed/ poem one day Smile, we'd definitely appreciate that Smile.

Well God Bless you Lisa, and remember, God is walking with you strong, and your friend, just keep close to your friend and the Lord will work through you to help those that are calling. God Bless!
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female

PostSubject: Re: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Just another update on this situation that I have been dealing with.

Last night, I was on line and my friend approached me again and was in ok spirits which is a step up from the moods that he has been in lately. After speaking with him for about 30 minutes, his mood quickly went from ok to very poor and right back to depressed and suicidal. I spent 3 hours talking with him last night. He's having family issues and girl problems and is not coping all that well with it.

I ended up in tears last night, sobbing actually by the time that this whole thing was done. I'm doing everything I can to help this friend, but I don't know if it is enough. He won't pray with me, so I pray by myself for him and his well being and that he will see that he doesn't have to harm himself, that God will watch over him and protect him. He won't even talk spiritually with me when he gets this low. I have tried and tried to get him to pray with me but last night all he kept doing when he didn't like what I had to say was to tell me repeatedly to "shut up". Normally I don't allow anyone to speak to me that way, but I didn't want to argue back with him or push him as he just not stable enough, or so I believed at this point last night.

Am I doing the right thing for him, is there more that I can be doing. He does not live near me at all. He is someone I met through my gaming clan. I have asked him if there is anyone near him, friend, family, spritual mentor that he could go to and he just says no, he only trusts me. Is he just reaching out or do you think he could actually harm himself. Last night I found him on line - his home address and his home number and told him that if he tells me again that he is going to take his own life, then I will contact the authorities in his area. He was very angry with me for saying that, but I can't let him do something to himself.

I am feeling very overwhelmed with this whole situation. I am afraid for him. I have prayed for him and will continue to do so, but there has to more I can do. Can someone please help me.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male

PostSubject: Re: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 2:02 am

my prayers are with you Lisa and your friend as you go through this journey with him. GodBless!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 7:53 pm

We serve an awsome God and sometimes we need to move out of the way and allow Him to work....other times we need to step up and allow Him to work through us. I believe you are on the right track Lisa and I will be keeping you and him in prayer.
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female

PostSubject: Re: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 10:21 pm

My friend is doing much better. I still talk to him every day and thankfully his messages are lighter and happier and for that I am very thankful. He gave me quite the scare and thankfully I had some support around me as I tried to deal with the situation.

Thank you all for keeping us both in your thoughts and prayers. I pray that this is the end of the suicidal thoughts and that he is on the road to continued happiness.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male

PostSubject: Re: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:47 am

thank you Lisa for keeping us updated Smile. Our prayers are with you and your friend Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A suicidal friend...   A suicidal friend... Empty

Back to top Go down

A suicidal friend...
Page 1 of 1